Some ideas for that all important question “what should we wear?”:
- Choose the theme of the shoot and keep it simple (casual, formal, athletic)
- Avoid “fashion” trends
- Think coordinated but not necessarily completely matching
- Choose a colour palette to suit the location:
- beach location might be pale blues, pinks, white, beige
- playground could include 1 bright colour to add a sense of fun with kids
- Start with a favourite item of clothing for 1 family member (e.g. Mum) and build around that
- Large families could try similar tones of 1 or 2 colours rather than completely matching
- Try clothes on 1 week before shoot in case someone has grown out of something or there is small repair required
- Incorporate several textures of similar coloured clothing
- Consider where in your home you will display your family portraits
- Is there an established colour scheme or feature wall?
- Will you have one large print or a collection of smaller images?
- Will the portraits be displayed in the family rumpus room or a formal living room?
- Wear clothes with minimal branding (e.g. no large screen prints or company logos)
- Avoid bold stripes, plaids and busy patterns which draw the eye away from the faces
By working together, we will capture the connections unique to your family in relaxed natural portraits that you will love for a lifetime.
Thank you for visiting. Hope to see you in front of the lens soon.